Thursday, November 15, 2007

Very First Time

Ok, so this is my first blog. Ever. I've never even made a comment on someone else's blog. But you know, it seems like everyone else is doing it so I peer-pressured myself into it as well.
Who knows, maybe you could convince me to jump off a bridge because I'm very susceptible right now. Just kidding.

Items of interest: Thanksgiving I love Thanksgiving and not just because it is completely overlooked between Halloween and Christmas and I usually cheer for the underdog but how great is it that we have a holiday that encourages 1. time with family 2. relaxing in a post-turkey haze 3. being thankful for what we have and recongizing that we are very blessed in our lives. For example, I'm blessed to always wake up to Gus Kitty trying to get me to pet him and/or licking my nose. Kitty breath is always a treat in the morning:)

We have a Christmas event coming up in less than three weeks and I need to make a dress for it. I have the pattern.....
And that's it. Maybe I should buy some fabric, notions, etc. or something

More later.

How'd I do on my first try?

5 comments:

drg said...

Very amusing musing. I laughed, I cried, and feel like I already know Gus the cat

Jenna said...

Not too shabby! Of course now that you've mentioned the dress you know you'll have to post pictures once it's done! Oh, the pressure!

Laura said...

Welcome to the ~WORLD OF THE FUTURE~ (insert echoes here).

Now, are you ever going to give up your rotary phone?

What time period is this theoretical dress? Our Xmas event is coming up on the first of December, and my wool dress is currently in pieces-- the neck binding is off, the waist piping is off, and I need to reset the skirt and face the hem. But at least it's ~part~ of a garment! ;)

Unknown said...

Hey good job! And its good to hear from you... I was beginning to wonder if you'd fallen off the face of the earth or something ;)

Mrs. Kat said...

Awww, Gus Gus! I miss him!