Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Computer woes

I have some truly awesome images to share with you of our garden in full bloom, or actually, more like full produce. But we are having technical difficulties with our computer(s). Multiple computers are now not working. We currently have two towers, a monitor, and a keyboard/mouse on our kitchen table trying to get the computer(s) to hook up to the internet. We'll get it resolved. Or we'll go all "Office Space" on our computer(s). Please, please tell me that someone knows what I'm talking about, where they take out the copier into a field and destroy it. We're not quite that frustrated with our computer(s) but it's close sometimes.

Anyhow, since I can't post any pictures, let's paint some pictures with words.

Green leaves growing,
Tomatoes reddening,
Potatoes completely overtaken by pumpkins
Beets just "beet"iful!


I know, I'm a poet, what can I say?
I'm Poet-Laureate of northwestern Illinois! (No, not really)

Ok, what's your favorite Olympic sport?
Mer: Swimming, gymnastics
Matt: Gymnastics, some track and field
Kitties: Greco-Roman wrestling, tumbling (they practice all the time!!!!)

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Don't worry... I get the office space reference! I'm so jealous of your garden. That will hopefully be a project for next summer for us!

Kate Ambrose said...

I hate computer issues.

And yes, of course I got the Office Space reference! Hi-larious! :)

Hopefully it will all get fixed soon, because I'd love to see your garden/produce!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Yes, I too get the office space reference.
"Ode To Comouters
Oh, blue screen of death
Glaring at me
As I put the finishing touches on my report
at half past three (AM)
Screaming in pain, it hears me not.
Though it understands that my anger is hot.
As it goes a tumblin' down the hill"

As for gardens Leah and I just canned our second batch of salsa (YAY). We have grown "hungarian hot peppers" which are sprouting like crazy. One problem though, I taste tested a small sliver tonight and was immediately incapacitated. Does any of Girls intrepid bloggers really love insanely lava-hot peppers? Right now we're probably not going to use them all