Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bureau"crap"tic Blues

Have you ever thought that people are trying to make you crazy? Or that by trying to simply a process, it becomes more difficult to complete the twists and turns created by "simplifying" the process?

I'm trying to apply for my teaching license. My paperwork in one state is completed and is being processed. The state in which I live (and contrary to popular belief, it's not "confusion") has a completely different process for licensing applications. And different tests I have to take, different paperwork, and always, always more checks to write to pay for various "fees." Honestly, who came up with this process? M.C. Escher? Up one flight of steps, down another into a white duck, no, a black duck, no, a white duck..... Good grief!!

I will get my license, I will get my license, I will get my license, come on, chant with me. I will get my license....

4 comments:

Alice said...

you are meetly dealing with the power of each state to control itself! A big part of the way this country is run my dear. And yes, you will get your lincense!!

Anonymous said...

Merrilee,

Ohh! I can identify... I remember so many problems with the simple switch from IN to IL - one of the main ones was that my transcript was sitting for ages in an office that said they never got my transcript - b/c of course it had my maiden name, and no one thought to look at my form and realize it was mine. Grrr.. Anyway, hang in there. I'll be chanting with you and praying for patience and as little weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth as possible. (just sayin'... cuz that's usually my reaction to great masses of red tape and paperwork).

-rachel :o)
(you know, your old whetstone sister on the other side of the world ...p.s. just think of the positive - at least all the paperwork is in English! ;-)

Lady Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lady Leah said...

We need to have some sort of celebration when you get your license. Chocolate brownies at least!