Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crockpot Oatmeal, yum, yum!




Matt and I have been enjoying this recipe for sometime now. The original recipe says that it takes all night for this to cook; I find in my crockpot it takes about 4-5 hours. This recipe doubles VERY well. I usually double it. It has lasted for over a week and reheats great!



















The only ingredients you need! Look at those lovely steel-cut oats!!!


Crockpot Oatmeal


1 cup steel cut oats

4 cups water

1/2 cup half & half


Combine & cook on low. Feel free to add fruit while cooking. Matt eats his with honey, I'm a brown sugar girl. :)

















Before, after all ingredients are mixed!




And after, when oatmeal is finished!!

2 comments:

Lady Leah said...

What time of day do you prep your oatmeal? I assume you aren't getting up at 2am to turn on your crockpot. Do you make it ahead on the weekends so you have it for the week?

Merrilee said...

I usually make it Sunday afternoon and just plan on reheating it throughout the week. Depending on the crockpot, it might take longer. It's supposed to be overnight but my crockpot cooks it in only 4 hours. I'd try it on a Saturday or Sunday first to see how long it takes in your crockpot and then plan from there!! Enjoy!!!!