Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ahhh!

I have a hair on my head. I can't tell if it's gray or blonde. Is it my first gray hair?

I've been highlighting/coloring my hair for a while now and I'm letting it grow out. The difference (my roots) isn't too different, I don't think, and Matt says you can't even tell. Although he's a boy and gets slightly unnerved around makeup, curlers, and the like. So this hair is my natural color but what color is it?

And of course it's on the top of my head right in front so that when I look in the mirror to check that my mascara isn't running, I see this hair.

It shines in the light (not gray)
It's lighter than the others (gray)
Others are lighter than the others and are clearly not gray (not gray)
I'm getting old (gray)
I'm not that old (not gray)

To pluck or not to pluck.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grays are of a slightly thicker texture than the others. And I have a thick hair to start with. These are like small poles. And usually straighter, too.

JayD said...

Well I say enjoy them whatever color because at least you have them!

And keep posting!!!! Every time I read your new posts it always makes me smile because I can imagine you saying what you are writing and I just enjoy your "style".

Merrilee said...

See, I think this is a blond hair. It's not of a thicker texture or anything like that. Or kinda wirey like grays can be. It's blond, I've decided.

And that's very true Jay, at least I have hair to worry about!

Anonymous said...

Hey, by the way, I had lunch with Julie Edwards yesterday and she asked after you and we had lots of laughs about funny Mer stuff.
We both miss you, whether it was blonde or gray. :)

Alice said...

My dear, just enjoy the hair, what ever the color. And remember, you earned every bit of what you get! LOL