Saturday, January 24, 2009

MIA

So I didn't end up blogging quite like I had intended to over my Christmas break. Part of the problem: I didn't really do anything worthwhile enough to blog about and no one wants to read random Merrilee thoughts about: life, the world, living with cats, or the addictiveness of chocolate!!

School has started up again. I think my classes will be fine. So far I don't have any classes on Thursday so this Thursday I stayed home. But it wasn't a good day. I had some errands to run and as I was returning home and pulling into the garage, I knocked my right side view mirror off my car. It just totally popped off like a Lego AND the garage is fine, luckily. I took my car to our local garage and for a bit over $200, my car will be like new!
So that was my morning.

That evening, Matt and I were taking out the trash and the recycling. I stepped out of our front door, trying to be careful to miss the ice patches on the front steps. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the entire step was iced over. I tried to keep my balance but ended up flat on my rear. I didn't hurt anything but my pride. Although my bum was a little tender the next day.

Matt and I recently took a compatibility quiz in a magazine that I receive. According to it, we are 100% compatible! We knew what reality TV shows we would audition for (none), what we would order off of an unlimited menu (Matt: anything; Me: chocolate), where we could go if we could (Matt: Vermont, Me: England), and what books we are currently reading. We both agreed, however, to throw out the question regarding toilet paper (under or over) due to semantics and a poorly phrased question. So, yay!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

What are you talking about, we don't want to read random Merrilee thoughts?? Are there any other kind?

I would totally audition for the Amazing Race. Reid and I watch it and fantasize about how much better we would be at it. Of course we would be the annoying couple that everyone (both on the show and watching at home) would think was too yucky and cute and boring for words!

Oh... and in case you were wondering, over. Always over.

Alice said...

I enjoy reading any thoughts you have. Especially about chocolate.
Missed your writing the last few weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i kept checking and checking... I for one would ALWAYS prefer random Mer thoughts to most anything else.
And over is fine until you have small children. Then it HAS to be under, due to the ease of emptying an entire roll with just one serious swipe of the hand if it's over.

Alice said...

I knew I raised that girl right. Over it is!!!!