Thursday, April 23, 2009

A plague upon the Lee Household

Recently we have been experiencing a plague of biblical proportions. Well, at least with our small appliances.

First, our microwave decided that it would no longer microwave and would only kinda "defrost" sometimes. So we took it out to the small appliance pasture/graveyard (the garage until electronics recycling day) where it quickly made friends with the space heater that blew up, the record player that wouldn't turn, and other small electronics. It reminds me of the Land of Misfit Toys but instead the Land of the Useless Appliances, which is not as musical or Christmasy.

Luckily, my in-laws had an extra one from someone's dorm room so now we can microwave again.


Then, our blender decided that it would rather leak everywhere than blend. Now, the upright members of the Lee household often enjoy a fruit smoothie or occasionally a homemade milkshake, if we're feeling dangerous. So the death of the blender was quite a blow to us. Since we didn't have to buy a new microwave, we decided to splurge and buy a new blender. (No one ever told me that once you're married, living on the edge means looking at new blenders. I probably wouldn't have believed them anyway....)

Our new blender has a glass pitcher, which I will break. It is only a matter of time but even more intriguing is that it is a "digital" blender. Will someone please tell me how a blender can be digital? Does it have a clearer picture? What, are the digital blenders replacing the analog blenders? Do the analog blenders not have as crisp of a blend? No where on the box does it describe how its "digital" (I checked four times).

I think its a marketing ploy. "Oh, this blender is DIGITAL. It must be better than these other non-digital blenders." It didn't work on the Lees. Instead the marked-down price tag caught us!

Because of our small appliance issues, I'm keeping a crash cart right next to the coffeemaker. I will give it CPR (coffee pot resuscitation) if I need to!!!!

4 comments:

JayD said...

Smile!!

Maybe the "digital blender" means that it is either ON or it is OFF??

Alice said...

Oh I enjoy reading your posts.
Yes, being married does present a different view of the world and where the edge of it is, doesn't it??
Hope the coffee pot hangs on for a while.

Jenna said...

I agree with the married part... we're exciting when we decide together which top soil to buy...

Ericka said...

I agree about the excitement of being married. Ken is out of town for 9 days. I am painting the side parlour to surprise him when he gets home. No, the exciting part isn't picking colours without him, we picked out and bought the paint 18 months ago. The excitement is that he doesn't have to do it. yippeee.