Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Random!!!

Apparently, my life is random. I'm certain that others reading this would agree that their lives are also random but since this is my blog, I'll discuss my randomness. Feel free to post your random in the comments (must contain PG-13-rated randomness because occasionally my grandmother reads this blog (when I remember to print it off and send it to her:))

Random update: Fairs: We didn't go to the Great Jones County Fair because it was a great 75 miles away. I mean, I like elephant ears but I'm far too practical/cheap to justify that much gas/time/energy just to reward myself with yummy gooey dough coated in cinnamon sugar, all dripping and warm..... Oh sorry, where was I? Right, the fair. So instead Matt and I went to the Dubuque County Fair which does not have a descriptive adjective in front of it so we didn't know what to expect. It was ok. I did have some complaints thought. First off, not enough cows and mostly Holsteins, no goats, and only a few rabbits. Come on people, where are the farm animals??!? Second, NO ELEPHANT EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was dismayed, to say the least but I managed to keep my despair to a quiet howl on the midway, "Where are the ELEPHANT EARS!!!?!? I WANT AN EAR!!!!!!" while Matt quickly steered away from his deranged, somewhat psychotic, fair-food demanding wife. (This incident may or may not have happened. I leave you to judge) However, I have found that funnel cakes make an acceptable though not equal substitution. We did enjoy the pig racing and the BMX trick bikes doing flips in the air. Only at a Midwest fair would you have pig, actually piglet racing, and bike tricks about 20 feet away. FYI: the pigs were not greased. I checked.

Kitty randomness: Some of you might be tired of reading about our cats but they are funny and keep Matt and I giggling. Pets of all kinds bring so much joy to a house that I like to share it. Our cats bring a particular type of joy, namely, weird because that's how our cats act. The other night we had cantaloupe. It was delicious. Matt cut it up and we partook. About a hour later, I noticed Gus (you knew Gus was coming into this story, didn't you?) acting oddly, even for him. He was shaking and pawing at his head. I tried to grab him but he ran away from me. Eventually I tracked him to his kitty hide-out (a cat cube) and grabbed him out of it. He still wouldn't let me look at his head so I had to forcibly turn his face towards me. According to the sticker stuck on the corner of his mouth and whiskers, he is a delicious home-grown cantaloupe. While his belly is the size and color of a cantaloupe, I can't tell if he's ripe or not. And apparently when Matt threw the rind in the trash, he missed one part. Ahh, Gus, our special kitty....

3 comments:

Alaina said...

I wholeheartedly agree that while funnel cakes will do in a pinch, elephant ears are far superior! :) And your cats crack me up. :)

Mom said...

Honey--I'm so sorry that you didn't get your elephant ear!!!Please let your friends know that I now use a squirt gun on Ned, and it works great. Sometimes he even looks at me when I shoot him.

BOY said...

Gurl,-- No elephant ear, that's No FAIR (ha ha get it?). As for the CATalope, Did you try thumping Gus? I heard that ripe kitties make a "meowing" sound when you thump them.
Our Daniel is getting riper too, he now is up to 5 teeth randomly placed in his mouth making him look like a poorly carved jack-o-lantern (like what I would make as a kid) when he smiles (this is unlike the gurl's pumpkin when we were kids which was carved in a neo-classical style acurately depicting a profile bust of queen victoria). Also he has developed an unhealthy obsession with electricity (power cords are tasty) and shoes (also tasty). Oh well, time for wire ties and a shoe rack. Love ya, BOY