Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Year

This year so far has gone well. I'm substitute teaching in a couple of our local schools. I put my name on our regional district list and called the schools to introduce myself. One school I called said "Great, thanks for introducing yourself, what are you doing on Friday?" Job conquered. My goal is to make enough to pay for our heating bill during the winter and maybe a little more.

I have decided though that being a housewife is exhausting. We don't have kids but I'm still pooped at the end of a day. Of course, I doing more, like making our own bread and today I baked scones and a jam tart but still, I'm tired. But I'm enjoying it and enjoying working on my ever-growing list of "to-do's" like: clean out the junk drawer, somehow organize my canning stuff so it's not all over the kitchen, clean out three closets, etc. So far I haven't taken anything off my list, only added more!

We had a great Christmas!!! Matt and I headed to Indiana for a few days and managed to see lots of family members and spend great time with Mom, Dad, John, Leah and Daniel. It was fantastic, especially spending time with Daniel. An 11-month old makes Christmas fun!!!

Well, off to start supper. I think today is a great meatloaf day!!!

3 comments:

JayD said...

Good luck in your job hunt (assuming that you are still looking). I know that it can be a real drag...

Alaina said...

So glad things are going well! My to-do list is as long as my arm and I keep adding but not subtracting...hm, I need to work on that. :)

JennaN said...

I made a to-do list yesterday... and everything on it will need to be done by Reid or my mom! Somehow making a to do list that I can't check things off of is just not as satisfying! :) But I'm glad you are enjoying your staying at home/subbing duties. Good luck as you look for a permanent teaching job (fingers crossed it is back in central Indiana if that is what you still want).