Friday, July 1, 2011

Organizing the sock drawer

Hello, my name is Merrilee and I have a messy sock drawer. Very messy sometimes. I am pretty good at matching socks together but my dress socks and hose go everywhere in my drawer.









Solution: toilet paper rolls and an empty tissue box. I put my matched dress socks in a toilet paper roll, one for each pair and my hose in the tissue box. As soon as we empty another tissue box, I'll have more than one box for different hose colors but for right now, I have just one box.





However, the empty toilet paper rolls and tissue box were kinda boring so I decorated them with scraps of fabric and some mod-podge.






























Much better!






P.S. Digging through my scrap bag is always fun, remembering what the various fabrics were used for originally. For example, the tissue box is covered in some scrap from an apron I made and one of the toilet paper rolls is from our curtains at our previous house. The scrap bag itself is actually an old skirt that I took off from a dress, sewed up the bottom, and put a draw string through the waistband. Ahh, memories!

No comments: