Thursday, January 10, 2008

Already failed

So it's the 10th day of the new year and I have already failed at one of my New Year's Resolutions. I haven't posted more or kept in better contact with people. Shame, shame, I know my name (most of the time). But I guess it's never too late to try to redeem myself.

I'm excited about tonight because tonight is the first night this week that I'll be able to go home directly after work! Yay! No night meetings tonight! And to make it even better, this weekend both Matt and I have Saturday off so I'm making breakfast. Probably some sort of egg/bread concoction, meat, and syrup. I am a firm believer that the only true purpose for the pancake/waffle/french toast is to be a vehicle for the syrup. Translated: I like syrup.

Here's some food for thought (yes, pun intended): Matt says that Hoosiers have an unnatural love of breakfast and the foods associated therefore with. Now, granted, he likes breakfast too but he says Hoosiers just seem to enjoy it during more times of the day than people from other states. So my Hoosier friends and non-Hoosier "fereigners," what to do you think? Do we Hoosiers have some abnormal love of breakfast? Are scrambled eggs perfectly fine at all times of the day? Is it ever too late in the afternoon for waffles? If someone says "steak," do you immediately think "and eggs?"
In the immortal words of Mike Meyers: Discuss amongst yourselves.

P.S. My most excellent Garner siblings (sorry, I'm still flashing back from the 80s) bought Matt and I a new digital camera for Christmas. Now we can post pictures and let you see the Casa de Lee and all the inhabitants. (Hint: I'm the only female in all the pictures, sadly outnumbered by a husband and two "special" cats.) And when I post them, I'll tell the sad story of the Italian Job: wherein a tall man lost his little digital camera in Rome, possibly to pickpockets. Really, that was pretty much the story missing a few more details and now with less cursing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but failure is so easy....

Alaina said...

Glad to see you back! Perhaps it *is* a Hoosier thing but we LOVE breakfast and sometimes we have it for lunch or supper. I'm always looking for an excuse to host brunch. :) It's just the best food!

Can't wait for pictures!

Anonymous said...

A resounding YES to breakfast, any time, especially if it's at a restaurant like Bob Evans. I mean, really, what is Bob Evans worth without breakfast? What there is worth eating? (Oh, the BLT and E, but that's just glorified breakfast food even if it is on the "sandwich" menu.)
But Tim likes breakfast at weird times, too, and he's a South Dakotan. But I think it's extended residence in Indiana that did it to him.

Anonymous said...

1. Biscuits and gravy are an excellent side dish to any meal.
2. Waffles have a greater surface area in which to hold syrup than pancakes. However, pancakes have a higher stack to crush ratio.
3. Bacon strips have a lower roll potential than sauage patties
All things considered - breakfast food is the most efficient to eat and that is why Hoosiers like breakfast so much.

Jenna said...

We want pictures!! :)
I don't think it's just a Hoosier thing... I think it's a perfectly logical thing. Why did a few foods get deemed "breakfast" foods anyway? You don't hear green beans labeled as only lunch food or soup as only for dinner, now do you? I think it's a little discriminatory against scrambled eggs and french toast! That being said, I don't when the last time we had either of those things not for breakfast :)