Thursday, June 26, 2008

Baby animals everywhere!

Well, not quite everywhere....

Here's the story. About three months ago, we noticed a bird building a nest in our carport. Mrs. Robin nested and nested and didn't seem to mind the cars pulling in below her. After a while though, we noticed that she seemed to be gone. I was afraid that she had abandoned her nest. Last night, however, I noticed at least two hungry birdy mouths popping up from the nest. So now we have baby robins in our carport. Yay!!!!!!!

And, our neighbor across the street has a puppy. Matt and I thought we saw a puppy in their yard but we weren't certain. Last night, Rob, our neighbor brought over their 6 -week old rat terrier Sammy. Who is adorable!!!!! Rob let me hold Sammy (worst idea ever because I didn't want to give him back!) and Sammy proceeded to cuddle on me, nibble on fingers, and in generally be a puppy. So cute. Sammy weighs probably about 3 pounds. Rob said that they have a cat but their cat doesn't mind Sammy. At this point, our cats outweigh Sammy by about 3 times, so I would actually be worried for Sammy that Gus "The Chunk" Cat would crush Sammy.

So Matt and I had the dog discussion again, with the continued consensus of "not right now"....
I'll keep trying to teach the cats to play fetch (actually Gus does kinda fetch, sometimes, when he wants to (he is a cat after all)). Both cats do roll over, wag their tails, and both play dead (or maybe they're just sleeping since being a house cat is HARD!)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

If you change your mind, I know where you can get some very adorable beagle mix puppies... you might have to come to visit me in Colorado, but that wouldn't be so bad! :)