Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gardening, yay!!!

The long-awaited pictures of Casa de Lee


Our tomatoes behind our house. This year I cut back on the number of plants. Last year we had 19, this year, only 12. (I freeze the tomatoes and can them once I get time. Last year I made chili sauce, "Mer"inara, and just chunks) We also have a pepper plant and two plantings of beets.
(And, how in the heck do I rotate a picture on my blog? Does someone know?)





This is the back of our house. Our garden is right at the base. We added the little border and cleaned up the area for our garden.



Matt's potatoes did come up. And a squash or a pumpkin, we're not certain yet. I think we have some of each which is what you get from a compost pile.



Matt's "Victory Garden" also known as Mac's hangout. We have become a foundling home for poinsettias. I think you can see them in the picture. We have about 12 around the house. Most come from the bank after Christmas and a certain husband of mine can't stand to see the plants thrown away. So enter these scrawny near death plants and I think, "Ok, I can stand have a house full of poinsettias since they are so near death. They deserve a decent place to pass away." Oh but no, that's not the case. After about 2 weeks under Matt's green thumbed care, they thrive. And thrive. And grow into huge healthy plants that completely take over our back room. Oh, goody......

And the front of our house completes our backyard, front yard tour. I hope that you have enjoyed your trip around the Lee household. Please watch your step and pet the kitties as you leave. Thanks for coming!

3 comments:

Alaina said...

What an adorable house! Great garden! Tell me how you freeze your tomatoes...I'm thinking about doing that but wasn't sure how they would hold up, what they would be good for etc.

And I always have to turn the pictures in my photo folder - I haven't figured out a way to turn it in blogger.

Anonymous said...

Cute green house! I love it!
And what does the dear Matt propose to do with these saved poinsettias? Plant them somewhere to grow into big wild poinsettia trees? Put them into a dark place so they can get red bracts again next Christmas? Let them be adopted by other people who feel sorry for old poinsettias???
P.S. Happy Birthday

Jenna said...

I was always told that poinsettias were poisonous to cats... you might use that line as a way to find new homes for them!

I think Alaina's right. I don't think you can flip a picture in blogger. I think you have to do it in a photo program before uploading them here.