Friday, August 20, 2010

All moved!

Well, I'm in the new apartment but Matt is still in NW Illinois. It's only been three days and yet, I don't like living away from him. I miss him so I guess it's a good thing that we're married and kinda supposed to live together. It was a traumatic move. It took 5 hours to load the moving truck, 2 1/2 to drive up here, and another 2 1/2 to unload the truck. Needless to say, we were all pooped by the end of the day. The kitties didn't fare so well though. While we were loading the truck in Illinois, I put them in the bathroom with all the kitty necessities: food, water, litter, a comfy place to sit, and an open window. Once we were ready to drive, we got the kitties in their travel containers (aka kitty jail) and drove off into the sunset, the entire time listening to cat yowls from the back seat. About half way there, I noticed a strange odor coming from the back seat: someone had had an accident. The odor got stronger, making me think that maybe TWO someones had had an accident. Once we reached the apartment, my suspicion was confirmed: two accidents in two kitty kages. So out came the cat shampoo (once it was purchased from the store:)) and after we got things moved into the apartment, Matt and I bravely went into the bathroom with two smelly cats and gave them both a bath. There is nothing more pathetic than a dripping wet cat yowling at the top of his lungs. Thank goodness they're declawed otherwise we would be in shreds. Now, I know that there might be some people who think that this treatment of the cats is inhumane but you do the best you can at the time!

So now I'm at school trying to get ready for the first day of school, which is September 1st. I'm feeling ok about some things and completely overwhelmed about others, which is probably pretty typical!

1 comment:

JennaN said...

Hooray for you! And Clementine pooped on the way to Virginia, luckily in the last hour and not in the first six!