Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Almost...

Our house is crazy right now!! We have packing boxes and boxes and boxes everywhere!!!! We're almost packed. All that we have left are the items we use everyday: plates, cups, coffeepot, etc. and since we're moving Monday, I have a few days to get those packed. I've already packed the excess plates, cups, etc., but still....

Matt and I are completely backwards. Normally people rent and then buy a home, but we're going backwards so we are also downsizing. Now after 4 years of marriage we don't have as much stuff as say my grandparents after living in the same house for over 50 years, but we still have accumulated a lot of "stuff" and we are sorting through it while keeping Goodwill busy! There are some things we don't really want to part with: Matt's grandparent's kitchen table, my great-grandparent's butter churn (we are moving to Wisconsin for goodness sake. The churn might come in handy!!) but there are other things that we know we can live without: the spare room dresser, the recliner, the cats, no, I'm kidding, the cats are coming with us. I think the cats know something is up or at least not right. They keep over-eating and then getting sick from over-eating. I think they're nervous. I'm just ready to be in the new apartment!!!

No comments: