Friday, March 14, 2008

The wonder of email

Email just fascinates me. It has completely changed how we communicate as a culture. Whereas written notes used to contain "frilly" phrases and words like "whereas," now with email, it is cut and dry. There is a meeting at 10 a.m. Did you receive that memo? You're fired. Things of that sort. However, it also allows us to communicate with people that we might not have ever had the chance to meet. For example, on Monday I received an email from the curator of the New York Botanical Museum. He had a question regarding our county. Now, I get plenty of work related emails but rarely from someone like this. We email chatted a couple of times about spring coming, the weather, issues with museums regardless of who or where you are. Now, in my professional life, I will never meet this man. Our paths would never cross. But because he had a question about Jo Daviess County and my email is on our website, I got to meet him. Fascinating.
www.galenahistorymuseum.org If you are interested. info@ is me.

I'm in the middle of war. With a mouse. He or she is leaving mouse artifacts all over our collections storage rooms, the absolute worst place to have a mouse. So far, I have lost one trap and the other was sprung with the bait gone. On the missing trap, it's just gone. I placed it on a shelf and now it's not there. I looked on the floor, behind the shelf, under the shelving on the other side of the room and nothing. If I did catch a mouse, I'll know in a couple of days....


Anyhow, I have yet begun to fight! More traps and PB are on their way!!!!!! The mice might have won this fight but I'll win the battle!!!!! It's Friday and I always feel more militant on Friday:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If they aren't hitting the peanut butter, try lard. We've been also know to try a conglomeration of lard, molasses, brown sugar and anything else we think they would like. I've also heard that coke works well because they can't burp.