Thursday, March 6, 2008

If I have one more meeting...

Honestly, how many meetings can one person have? Yesterday I had meetings at at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30. That's insane. When I came home, I tried to give Matt an agenda for the rest of our evening and teach the kitties Roberts rules of order. They didn't get it.

On a happy note, our Christmas cactus is blooming. Just three months late. It's beautiful right now. There is one bloom right now and about 6 buds. Gorgeous and nice to see something in bloom right now.

Just in case you were worried, our sidewalk is still clear. No violations there. And, yes, I quoted Alice's Restaurant. It's a family tradition to listen to it at least once during Thanksgiving. And then quote it excessively the rest of the evening.

Last Saturday we had a business trade show in town and the museum participated even though we're not really a "business." We ran the 50/50 and "What is it?" We had three artifacts from the museum that people could try and guess what they were. We, of course, picked the three easiest artifacts, hah! We had an ancient wringer mop, carpet stretcher, and tobacco plug cutter, that I demonstrated multiple times without loosing a digit! Yay for me!

However, I did fail a very easy test: can I change a lightbulb? No, is the answer. I thought there was something wrong with the bulb or the socket but our handyman said he got it in just fine. I must have stronger points elsewhere, I just know it!
We tried to install wallpaper at the museum but it's not going so well. We worked really hard to find pretty, time-appropriate but affordable wallpaper and found the perfect stuff. Unfortunately, when our contractor tried to install it, the wallpaper started curling on the edges. Drat. He tried everything but what it comes down to is, we need to pick new wallpaper. The worst part is we already painted the ceiling to match the wallpaper so we have to stay in that color range. Wednesday was not a good day in the museum.

I know that this post is all about work but it's kinda what I've been all about recently. I called Matt to ask him out on a date for tonight because I've been so busy in the evenings. I have Subway and Pizza Hut coupons so we get to pick from one of those!! Yay for coupons!!!

No comments: