Thursday, July 10, 2008

A berry good time

A riddle:

My hands are stained but my teeth aren't.
I have bramble scratches on my arms.
I'm dreaming of toast and pancakes.

What am I?

I'm Merrilee after picking wild blackberries!!!!

Matt and I picked, are you ready for it? You might want to sit down.

12 cups of berries last night.
12!!
From wild bushes growing along side the road.
12!!!
I'm in shock.

We added that to the berries we picked previously and now we have about 21 cups of berries total. Just from the last week! They are all in the freezer which is a little full right now!

We're thinking blackberry jelly and blackberry syrup. Yum!

We left quite a few on the bushes for the birds and wildlife because we don't have to have the berries to live. We can go the grocery store for food. There isn't a grocery store for birds, although designing one would be really cool. Little shopping carts for birds and aisles of different bird seed and suet types..... Ok, I need a life.

1 comment:

Alaina said...

I'm so jealous! That's awesome! I'm going blueberry picking next week but they aren't wild. :)