Sunday, December 6, 2009

Do I have the Christmas spirit or just a cold?

I can't tell!! I think its Christmas spirit though!

Our tree is up and decorated. Our nativities are out, and both cats have pretended to be presents by sitting under the tree. I figure those three things make it Christmas if we don't have any snow yet.

I have two and 1/2 weeks of student teaching remaining. I figure I can make it. It's also kinda hard to think that after this I can teach. This is all I need to be a teacher. I keep thinking that there must be more! But thankfully there isn't!!

We had a good Thanksgiving. My parents came up for a visit and it was wonderful! We had both sets of parents over for Thanksgiving dinner and between all of us bringing food, we had a great meal and even better conversation and time spent together.

I love this time of year. It's so much fun and such a happy time of year. The anticipation is everywhere. Today was the hanging of the greens ceremony in church today and it always puts me even more in the Christmas spirit. Our church goes from bare to festive in an hour! Yay!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Our tree is up but that is about it for decorations yet around our house... one more week of classes and one week of finals, then I can fully switch my attention to festivities.

Alice said...

Well, the tiny little green thing I am calling a tree is on the desk, the tiny village is under it and the sheepy creche is on the French buffet. thats it! Oh an done santa head haning on a door knob in the tv room.
So yes, I think it is Christmas!
I'll get snow when I get to Colorado I hope.