Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it, well, you get the point



Forecast for today: 8-12 inches of snow. WOW!!!! That's a lot of snow! Everything is closed (except Matt's bank, poor guy)!!! Schools, history museums, governmental offices, and colleges in a nearby town. I think that in attending various colleges for about 6 years, I never had the college close because of weather. Of course, we never got this much snow in one day either!


So I have snow day and I 'm enjoying it by slowing drinking my second cup of coffee, watching Price is Right (just not the same without Bob) and randomly staring out the window, just waiting until I can shovel the snow.


There's a road in there. Actually a major highway in our county (honestly, THE major highway in our county) If you don't see it, don't worry, I don't either and I even know where it is.


Bird feeder. The poor birds are just so hungry but they keep getting blown off of the bird feeder.
Roads are closed, towns are in snow emergencies, etc... You get the picture.
Last Tuesday we were supposed to have an all county historical society meeting, which was cancelled due to the blizzard warning that we were under. We re-scheduled for today. Yesterday, we canceled it again and rescheduled for April, when hopefully, it will have stopped snowing.
Ahh, winter, how I enjoy thee.
Mer's gardening tips for today: Don't plant in a snowstorm. Also, if you have an apartment on a major street in a small town, don't use a glow light to start plants in front of a window in your kitchen. At night it casts a purplish glow out the windows and it looks like you're growing something other than tomatoes and squash.... (voice of experience)


No comments: